If you are interested in posting, please contact our office at
or call 480-706-5762.
Job postings will be posted for 30 days.
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS MANAGER
SAFEWAY - PHOENIX DIVISION
The Phoenix Risk Management Department, located in Phoenix, Arizona, has an opening for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
• 5-10 years claim handling experience (Arizona Jurisdiction & Self Insured Experience strongly preferred)
• 5 years Claims Management experience
• 4 year college degree
• Strong negotiating skills
• Financial analytical skills, including working knowledge of present value analysis.
• Full understanding and application of reserving practices
• Working knowledge of HIPPA & Medicare regulations regarding reporting and Set Asides
• Ability to work with retail, Warehouse Distribution and manufacturing management on Workers’ Compensation issues
• Excellent persuasion and interactive skills in addressing interdepartmental Workers’ Compensation issues
• Excellent communication skills, including speaking and training
• Extensive knowledge and experience in utilization of Risk Management Information Systems
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee department of Workers’ Compensation claims professionals who self-administer all aspects of claims for Safeway in the Phoenix Division
• Interact with Corporate Risk Management Accounting and administration of Workers’ Compensation Chargeback program
• Act as company liaison to state regulatory agency (ICA) overseeing Workers’ Compensation Programs
• Oversee the negotiation and administering of large Workers’ Compensation settlements
• Oversee maintenance of Workers’ Compensation claims payments and reserves
• Interact with Human Resources, Legal, Security, and Industrial Relation departments on Workers’ Compensation issues
• Oversee Litigation and Cost Containment Programs
• Perform claim audits per corporate protocol
Salary: Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: April 23, 2013
Respond to: Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.careersatsafeway.com